The Office of Arts, Culture, and Creative Economy’s (OACCE) Neighborhood Arts Program (NAP) provides funding to annually support more than 150 free, family-friendly arts activities or events in Philadelphia’s neighborhoods. These neighborhood arts programs include theatrical and musical performances, film screenings, dance instruction, children’s art making workshops, and much more.
Who Can Apply
- Artists (Ex: musician, puppeteer, dancer)
- Arts / Cultural Organizations (Ex: cultural heritage group, cultural institution, arts center)
- Cultural Event Producers (Ex: festival organizer)
- Civic Leaders (Ex: block captain, member of a neighborhood association)
Neighborhood Arts Program Event Requirements
- Free to the public
- Located in Philadelphia County
- Funds support Philadelphia based artists and/or cultural organizations
- Have a live / interactive component
- Strategy to market and promote the event in the neighborhood
Funding Deadline and Application Timeline
- Event must be between May 16th, 2022 and December 31st, 2022
- Rolling application
- Applications must be submitted at least 6 weeks before the proposed event
NAP emphasizes connecting Philadelphia artists to their communities to provide free, high quality cultural programming that reflects the community’s needs and interests. OACCE encourages artists and organizations to propose events in the communities where they have existing connections or partnerships. Applications that demonstrate strong partnerships and engagement with the communities in which the event is taking place will be prioritized.
The maximum amount of funding available per event is $2,500. If you are applying for multiple events, please submit individual applications for each event in an event series. Funding must go directly to the cultural organization or entity presenting the arts activity or event. Funding recipients must provide a certificate of insurance (COI) for the arts activity or event. OACCE can support you in obtaining a COI if you / your organization does not carry general liability insurance – please see this one pager for more information and support on purchasing one-time event insurance.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.